Multiple XML errors when trying to use multi-order shipping! Help!

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone else having problems with multi-order shipping?!? I've been getting multiple errors when I try to use it & it never loads, so I can't print my labels! These are the errors I'm getting:

no XML returned for command: get-shipping-presets
no XML returned for command: get-from-addresses
no XML returned for command: get-user-info

Is Paypal having an issue with this & if so, why can't they post a notice about it?!? I'd appreciate any help or info anyone has on this issue!

Thanks,

FireSpirit

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

jwphoto
Contributor
Contributor
I called PayPal and they said that they re did their multi order shipping tool and it is not compatible with personal and premier accounts. It only works on business accounts. Their developers are working on it to work for everyone. They do not know how long it will take to fix it. They said if you need it right now to upgrade to a business account. It only is compatible for business accounts right now, but are working on a solution. I upgraded to a business account and it worked for me. Also they said soon there will only be 2 types of accounts, personal and business. Premier will be phased out and will only be personal.
Login to Me Too

dianaknits
Contributor
Contributor

That goes right along with the belief that they sabotaged the new summary page, which is so bad, that they are trying to shove people into opening a business account at $30 per month.  They are making plenty already!

Login to Me Too

cchand
Contributor
Contributor

Does it cost anything to upgrade to the Business account type?

Login to Me Too

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

@cchand wrote:

Does it cost anything to upgrade to the Business account type?

One of the previous posts says it costs $30 per mo. for a business acct. If you'll look at some of the other posts below yours, you'll find a link you can use that works for the problem! 🙂 I've used it, so I know it works.

Login to Me Too

lipsnthingssuz
New Community Member

As far as this working only on business accounts, I have a business account and it is not working on it either. I get XML errors and then when it does finally load, if I click on the package type it doesn't select it.

Login to Me Too

justgreat
Contributor
Contributor

me too been two days now. Thanks for that link, I can get in that way.

Login to Me Too

CheriRN7
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with the same XML messages.

Login to Me Too

USMarine1
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I have discovered why the XML Script Error is occuring for the Multi-Order Shipping Tool.

Take a look at the URL Link for the PayPal Multi-Order Website. This URL Link can be found at very top of your Browser.

The URL Link I get when going to the Multi-Order Website "DOES NOT" have the PayPal Account Number at the end of the URL Link.

The default URL Link looks like this: https://ship.paypal.com/powership/powership.html?account_number=

Thus.....  

1. Go to your PayPal Preferences Page and make note (or copy/paste) your MERCHANT ID Number
  2. Once Noted, either type in (or copy/paste) your MERCHANT ID number to the end of the URL Link

The URL Link should bes: https://ship.paypal.com/powership/powership.html?account_number=XXXXXX

The XXXXXX being your Assigned Merchant ID.

3. Once your MERCHANT ID has been entered onto the end of the URL, Hit ENTER on your keyboard and the Multi-Order Shipping page should open without errors

Let me know if this works for you all as well.

USMarine1

Login to Me Too

temp20180115m
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome.  Good lookin' out.  Worked like a charm.

Login to Me Too

mjp5767
New Community Member

THANK YOU!!  THANK YOU!!  THANK YOU!!  This worked perfectly!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.