Money transferred to bank account does not appear

Z-Z-Boomslang
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred money from my Paypal wallet to my bank account. Paypal says that the transfer is complete but it does not even appear as "pending" in my online bank account. There is no recent activity. It's simply as if the money has disappeared. Does it take a while for the money to show up even as "pending" on my online bank, or should I be worried?

Thanks. 

Angela

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Transfer Complete on PayPal means that they processed your request, it doesn't mean the money is in your bank account already.  You have to wait however long it says when you made the transfer from that point on as it has to go through the ACH system.  PayPal is not notified by the bank when the funds are available for your use.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Transfer Complete on PayPal means that they processed your request, it doesn't mean the money is in your bank account already.  You have to wait however long it says when you made the transfer from that point on as it has to go through the ACH system.  PayPal is not notified by the bank when the funds are available for your use.

Login to Me Too

Z-Z-Boomslang
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. I did not expect the money to be readily available so soon. It just concerns me that it is not listed as a pending transaction in my bank account. Is that something to be worried about? 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh, I see.  Yeah, that would be odd.  Contact your bank and ask if they can see a pending deposit that wasn't posted somehow.  Also check your PayPal account to make sure you transferred to the correct bank account if you have multiple banks linked.

Login to Me Too

Z-Z-Boomslang
Contributor
Contributor

I checked again and it appears now. I guess it just takes a business day for it to even show up as 'pending'! Thanks for the help. 

Login to Me Too

sherricaddell21
New Community Member
If it only takes 1 business day to post then why have I waited for 3 days going into my 4th day and yet I still have nothing? I am getting concerned, because this is a large amount of money and I have called my bank and I have double and triple checked with paypal and yet still nothing.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What might be an unusually large withdraw amount could be the explanation for delay and PayPal monitors and reviews every withdraw before processing.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.