Minimum transaction fees

Ryan19782
New Community Member

I saw this listed in the UK, wanted to post it in the USA section....

If an item goes to auction and it reaches $.99 let's say ... 

I am using Ebay's free 50 listings per month, so no fee for the listing - However $.10 for the Final Value

So I'm down to $.89 at that point. My first question is simple, does the payment in my PayPal account show $.99 or $89 ?

My second question is multi tiered... Let's start with the easy part. If the buyer is in the U.S. what are the PayPal fees. Awile ago it wasa a minim of $.30 or 2.9% whichever was highest. I'm assuming in this case they would charge the $.30 and that is it. Am I correct ??

Same question but what if the buyer is from a different country ? Are there varying fees based upon the country the buyer is from ? If so, where can I find that chart - Geared towards U.S. account holders, not the Pound or Euro .. 

Basically I have a $.99 store I want to open up but I'm wondering if that equates me to profiting $.40 per item sold essential. Done in enough quantity it is worthwhile but not efficient. So let's say this is ALL hypotheticall.... 

I'm also curious how the Asian countries regularly sell me items for $1.50 (obviously not top tiered its but they would be 5-6X that if bought from a U.S. venfor .. That means they are eseentially giv (if my math is correct ... Around $.60 or $.70 per item. I'm well aware their shipping charges must be ridiclously low ... But honestly I don't see how on God's green earth they mae money even selling 100 of these items a month.. That would amount to $60 plus shipping on 100 items ?!?!?!

Anyways, answers geared towards paypal fees are the most important. However if you can shine a light on Asian items profitability I would greaty appreciate that too 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In your PP account, it would show the grand total your buyer paid, minus 2.9% + 30 cents.  Then you deduct your FVF out of what's left over.  If a non-us PayPal account sent you payment, same thing except your PayPal fee would be 4.4% + 30 cents instead. There is no "or" 30 cents.  The PayPal fee consists of a variable rate portion AND the flat rate portion.

Chinese gov has great bargaining chip and they bargain good for their fellow countrymen, particularly in the shipping charges dept.  We in the US pay expensive intl postage to make up the loss by charging the Chinese so little and have to include tracking service to the US.  Do a search in the eBay forums about China, you'll learn about things that make you go "Hmmmm."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.