Max. Amount I can rec. From Canada

Buck80
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have an individual trying to send me cash from Canada and I live here in the US. What is the max amount per day he can send me from Canada? Thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no max in sending and receiving unless you have put some limits in your account.

but large amount could make Paypal withholding payment and ask for verification.

it is all part of the anti terrorism,money laundering rules.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I will give you an example.Euro members receiving 2500 or more since opening paypal account would submit documents etc to Paypal,it is EuRO law on moneylaundering and anti terrorism act,

if he keeps sending you money every day without buying anything from you,it would attract attention

Login to Me Too

Buck80
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the feedback. This Canadian guy is trying to send me $5,315 to cover the lease on a boat slip I have. Can he send that total amount at one time?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There is no specific published number of the amount you can receive per day into your PayPal account. You can check if you can receive money in general by clicking "See how much you can send with PayPal" on the Summary page.

Ultimately, the limits to your transaction depends whether both accounts are in good standing, fully verified, and the funding source used. $10k per transaction (amount varies depending on your currency) is the sending limit. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Buck80
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks again for the info!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.