Making sure only my business name is shown?

bbbunny
New Community Member

I currently sell digital art, however, I do not want my full name attached to my business, so my business is simply listed as my first name. However, when I created an invoice for someone and selected the "preview" button, under my business name (my first name), it listed my full name. Instead of an invoice, I just used "request money from customer" as a way to make a transaction with my customer. Is there any way that they can see my real information?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Unless your business is a sole proprietorship and your business name is your real name, then your real name would be displayed.   You can have a DBA or "doing business as".    A DBA is also known as a "fictitious business name," "trade name," or "assumed name."   Sole proprietorships commonly use DBAs because a sole proprietorship's official, legal name is simply the name of the owner.  A DBA lets them use a real business name.   As no one here can look at user info, it's not possible to tell you exactly what to change other than what you entered for your Business name.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.