Making internet biz appear to be located in different country for marketing purposes

Shylocke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm the British owner of an Internet business located in the Philipiines, I have sophisticated British intellectual product to sell mainly to America, Canada and UK (zero to the Philippines itself as no market here for it).

Is there a way to legimately configure a PayPal business account so that, for branding and marketing purposes, the enterprise looks entirely British-American even though payments go to a Philippines company? 

Transactions would be priced in dollars as it is less expensive to convert to peso than sterling.

Please note there is no intention to deceive the customer. The product is indeed 100% British / American-made, but the office is geographically located in Philippines to reduce start-up costs. 

For instance I would not want to sell the intellectual product only for the customer to see on his / her  bank or credit statement statement 'Philippines', or a Philippine address and Philippine contact phone number.   

Please note I am a permanent resident of the Philippines and therefore tdo not want the cost and hassle of setting up a British company for the purpose. 

Many thanks. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think the best way is to have a person in the U. S. set up the PayPal acocunt.  That person then would manually trasnfer funds to the corporate owner.

There are too many government regualtions relating to money laundering that would have to be considered for international security.  Attempting to circumvent those regulations with deciptive ownership display would be a problem.

Login to Me Too

Shylocke
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you DPCreations.

Then I would fall within the grasp of IRS regulatory tentacles which I'm not keen on.  Its compliance requirements might prove horribly onerous for a small business start-up like mine.

Accordingly, I am going to investigate incorporation in Singapore.  I think this would represent a reasonable marketing compromise. Much as I enjoy living in the Philippines, Singapore is miles ahead in commerical perception!

Thanks again. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.