Linked Facebook Messenger for Notifications ONLY - Did NOT Authorize...

HJ-2017
Contributor
Contributor

...either PayPal or my credit card info to be given to Facebook and used as a payment method for my ad account! Nonetheless, PayPal AND the credit card I have authorized here are both listed as payment methods. This is NOT acceptable - the notifications are fine, and convenient, but I did NOT authorize Facebook to use either as a payment method for my ad account. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HJ-2017

Remove them then?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HJ-2017
Contributor
Contributor

That's a lackadaisical attitude towards a serious breach of financial data privacy.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HJ-2017

Well theres not a lot else we can do for you is there?

Its been added so remove it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HJ-2017
Contributor
Contributor

If you can't be helpful, why bother replying? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HJ-2017

Well what help do you expect?

I use Facebook but did not find my paypal account added to my Facebook account.

It does not add automatically, you must have selected it in some way.

But if you did or you did not its added, so remove it?

And i replied because no one else bothered, and thats because there was no question asked, you just stated a fact.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi HJ-2017,

I'm sorry to hear that there is a billing agreement payment that you don't recognize. If you ever paid Facebook in the past, there would be a billing agreement set up for that original payment. If that is the case and there are recent transactions that you did not authorize, they can be reported.

First, check to see if there's a billing agreement and cancel it by following these steps: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-billing-agreement-faq2254/1.

Then, you can open a dispute on the unauthorized payment with these steps: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-report-a-billing-issue-faq3421/4.

Last thing - make sure that your password has been changed with Facebook, to prevent any further unauthorized use of that account. I hope this helps!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

HJ-2017
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Olivia, but no - that's not the point. There are no charges (yet). The point is that (a) I DID authorize PayPal to use the Messenger app to send me receipts; but (b) on that SAME DAY, both PayPal and my current credit card (only listed with PayPal and not ever used on Facebook) showed up as "payment methods" on my Facebook Ads account. I didn't add them. I believe they were added at the same time I authorized PayPal to use Messenger for receipts, but this was NOT authorized.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.