Keying in Credit Card numbers

ret1red
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just signed up to use Paypal for my guide business.  Most of my transactions are by phone and they give me their credit card info, I cannot figure out how to key in the credit card info.  Any help would be great!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I'm checking my Android phone and I was just going to tell you that after I checked.

If you had the reader attached, you could swipe without clicking charge or card image.

Glad our found it.

I never remember the steps, that's why I wanted to check each step.

If you use a table the display is so much nicer with an inventory list on one side and the running receipt on the other.

If you have real inventory you can create your own bar codes for scanning items into the receip (tablet only).

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you want to take credit card payments directly you need to use the PayPal Here app.  

There is NO seller protection for taking credit cards in person.  Fees are also higher for keying in numbers than swiping card.

Login to Me Too

ret1red
Contributor
Contributor

I applied for paypalhere and they are sending me the swipe reader, I am a fishing guide and most of my deposits are made by phone calls where they give me their numbers, I just need to be able to input the numbers.  I am not worried about fraud as I will meet the people at some point or they won't get my service.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You should have been given a link to download the PayPal Here, if not find it for your operating system.  You can use that on your smartphone or tablet with internet access.  You can key in numbers (fee is 1% point higer to keyed numbers) or swipe.  You are the one who determines of the card is fraudulent or not.

Login to Me Too

ret1red
Contributor
Contributor
I downloaded the app. can't see where to key in numbers

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What device are you using, smartphone, tablet, or Win 10?

I'll check mine to use a similar device.

Login to Me Too

ret1red
Contributor
Contributor
Iphone 7
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How far did you get with entering a sale?

Login to Me Too

ret1red
Contributor
Contributor
the amount, when I hit the credit card image it asks for the card reader
Login to Me Too

ret1red
Contributor
Contributor
it came up when I hit charge this time, thank you for your time
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.