Just transferred money. Is this message that the seller sent me legit?

DavidAli
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I've just transferred money to someone after buying digital goods. On my page it says the transaction is completed, however the seller told me the money is on hold ("pending") and sent me this screenshot:

t2MKrj5.png

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The seller needs to provide a tracking number to prove delivery.  Money is held until delivery.

Login to Me Too

DavidAli
Contributor
Contributor

So, this is a legit message one could get? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

no way to tell if it is from Paypal,but if you dont get the item,you can file dispute.

Seller needs to ship and upload tracking,sooner she ships,sooner she gets her money,I dont think she understands,why show it to you?

if she sits on her **bleep** and not ship,she would have to wait 21 days.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes.  It wasn't an email; it was an alert on the sellers PayPal account.  Seller needs to provide tracking to show delivery.  This is especially true for new sellers with no reputation for shipping.

On the other hand, the seller can't provide tracking since it was a virtual item.  As such, the seller has no protection in case a buyer claims non-receipt for a ful refund.  Selling virtual items is high risk and seller takes all the risk of loss.   it's quite common.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.