Issuing Refund and Fees

0260n4s

Someone sent me $1,725 via echeck that I didn't request and don't want to accept, and therefore I need to refund that money. The problem is I only actually received $1674.67, because of PayPal fees, but when I try to refund the money, I'm sending back the full $1,725 by default. I certainly don't want to eat the fee for a payment I never should have received, so what should I do? Will PayPal return the fee to me after I refund $1,725, or do I need to issue a partial refund for $1,674.67, so I'm not paying the fees?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just refund the full ammount.  The sender will get a full refund.  Your % fees will be reversed.  You will have a net cost of -$0.30 for the fixed fee which is not reversed.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just refund the full ammount.  The sender will get a full refund.  Your % fees will be reversed.  You will have a net cost of -$0.30 for the fixed fee which is not reversed.

Login to Me Too

0260n4s

Thanks. Glad PayPal will refund most of it.

Login to Me Too

GuyGreg
Contributor
Contributor

Is it acceptable to refund the amount sent minus 30 cents, to cover the fee that the sender imposed on the recipient?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

yes,you can,since you never askf or the $$

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.