Is it acceptable to upgrade to a business account so sellers can't see your personal name?

turtle_tree
Contributor
Contributor

I want to make a purchase from a seller, but don't want them to see my personal name. One way I think this can be accomplished is to upgrade my personal account to a business account and then make the purchase. This way the seller will only see the business name I choose. Since I won't be actually running a business from this account, but only making purchases for personal purposes, would creating this business account be a violation of PayPal's User Agreeement?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not a violation of PayPal rules to have a business account.  Selling to make money is considered a business whether you consider it as such or not.

The business account will still be in your personal name.  You will just be upgradine  the account in your name with a business name added.  When you add a business name, just make sure it is legitimate and follows the rules for a business.  In the most simple business as a sole proprietorship your business name WILL be your personal name.  If you want anything else, you will need to publish a fictitious name announcement so your name can be fictitious.  You can't use a fake name for a business name.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not a violation of PayPal rules to have a business account.  Selling to make money is considered a business whether you consider it as such or not.

The business account will still be in your personal name.  You will just be upgradine  the account in your name with a business name added.  When you add a business name, just make sure it is legitimate and follows the rules for a business.  In the most simple business as a sole proprietorship your business name WILL be your personal name.  If you want anything else, you will need to publish a fictitious name announcement so your name can be fictitious.  You can't use a fake name for a business name.

Login to Me Too

turtle_tree
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I take that as a "No", since I don't plan on running a business from the account. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.