Invoice Problems

bloodiepanda
Contributor
Contributor
Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to paypal and I was wondering if you guys could please tell me why I haven't received any funds yet for my account. So, yesterday I got an invoice for $0.00 and I'm waiting for my balance to change but it's pending because it says in red text "I cannot pay with an amount greater than 0." So I've been waiting for my funds to transfer and it hasn't, I also have no momey in my account. Why am I not able to accept payment?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Who sent the invoice?

Where you expecting an invoice for a planned purchase?

What is a SMITE account?  Did you have it advertidsed for sale?

Starting the story from the beginning would be a helpful.

At this point I'm guessing the "inovoice" was not from PayPal and that you got scammed.

When you are selling something you send an invoice.

When you are buying you receive an invoice to pay.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you haev  no fund in your account and is not linked to a credit card or bank account,how do you send payment?

why cant you receive payment?

may be you should add a creditc ard,it gives you more credibility.

Login to Me Too

bloodiepanda
Contributor
Contributor
Well, I don't have a credit card and I thought paypal works as a sort of online bank, why do I have to link a credit card for credibility if I am just trying to get an invoice
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal is not a bank; it is a payment processing service.

PayPal needs bank accounts and credit card accounts linked to help verify your identity and also as backup funding in case you don't mange your activities well.  It's also about minimizing the risk to PayPal in case of a dispute.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bloodiepanda wrote:
Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to paypal and I was wondering if you guys could please tell me why I haven't received any funds yet for my account. So, yesterday I got an invoice for $0.00 and I'm waiting for my balance to change but it's pending because it says in red text "I cannot pay with an amount greater than 0." So I've been waiting for my funds to transfer and it hasn't, I also have no momey in my account. Why am I not able to accept payment?

Wait, so you received an invoice for $0 but you are awaiting payment.  Your sender is looking to scam you so I hope you did not deliver any goods.  Only sellers send out invoices, not buyers (sender).  The invoice was likely sent to you by the buyer to try and convince you that you were paid but wasn't.

Since the invoice is billed for $0, it stands to reason why it says you cannot pay more than $0 and you would not attempt to pay the invoice anyway...you are the seller.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bloodiepanda
Contributor
Contributor
No! No way, I got an invoice for $300 that I can pay for 0$, I wish i can send the picture. Like is says amount due is 0$ but it's for 300$ The total is 0$
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Were you expecting to receive an invoice to pay for a product?

Who really sent the invoice?

What activity or messages do you find in your PayPal account, from a computer?

Login to Me Too

bloodiepanda
Contributor
Contributor
It's my fault. I'm new to Paypal and when I saw the invoice was $300 and I had to pay 0$ I gave him my SMITE account, I honestly don't know what to do. I'm freaking out, I have been waiting for my balance on my account to change but I can't pay for the invoice. Did I get scammed?
Login to Me Too

bloodiepanda
Contributor
Contributor
If the subtotal is $300 But the amount paid is $300 and the total is 0$, does that mean he's sending me 0$?
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Who sent the invoice?

Where you expecting an invoice for a planned purchase?

What is a SMITE account?  Did you have it advertidsed for sale?

Starting the story from the beginning would be a helpful.

At this point I'm guessing the "inovoice" was not from PayPal and that you got scammed.

When you are selling something you send an invoice.

When you are buying you receive an invoice to pay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.