International Shipping Question - Holiday Date

Smack2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hoping someone here can assist me..

I created an International Shipping Label with today (2/20) date on it early this AM, totally forgetting it was a holiday.  I believe the International labels have to be accepted by midnight of the same day or they become un-usable?

Since its a holiday though, I cant get it to a post office, unless I can use one of the self service kioks?

What are my options here?  Will the Post Office take this package tomorrow since it was a holiday today?

Why would they even let me print the label for today if its a holiday?

One other quick question - The Box I am sending is pretty small (6 x 4 x 5).  What is the best way to put the International Label on this box?  The label I printed out is on a full sheet of paper but only takes up about 35% of it.  Not sure if I can cut it out?  For sticking onto the box, can I just tape it on with shipping tape or does it have to be in one of those clear holders that affix to the package?  Those would be too big here.

Thanks a ton for the help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

i  the deadline for using a printed label is longer than you think,to void a lable is 48 hours,longer if it is printed on USPS website.

you should have no problem shipping it tomorrow,some mail outfits are open tday,they may scan your package today for tomorrow pickup,i am going to do it now 

ifyou dont want to shrink your lable,then put the box in a unlined envelope 10 by 8 inches and stick the label on the envelope.

unlined unpadded envelope weighs very little,but makes it bigger, 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

i  the deadline for using a printed label is longer than you think,to void a lable is 48 hours,longer if it is printed on USPS website.

you should have no problem shipping it tomorrow,some mail outfits are open tday,they may scan your package today for tomorrow pickup,i am going to do it now 

ifyou dont want to shrink your lable,then put the box in a unlined envelope 10 by 8 inches and stick the label on the envelope.

unlined unpadded envelope weighs very little,but makes it bigger, 

Login to Me Too

Smack2k
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info...

Can I trim the label and remove all the excess paper and then attach it to the box?  It would fit on the box then, and I could just put shipping tape over it to keep it safe / hold it down...

Is that permissible?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Anything beyond the rectangle border can be cut off.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

depends on what you mean by excess?

anything outside the label border can be cut off.

Login to Me Too

Smack2k
Contributor
Contributor

I was just trying to cut off the white paper, nothing from the actual printed label.

Thanks, hopefully they take it tomorrow...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.