If iphone7 has no headphone jack, how will paypal here work?

studio-N
Contributor
Contributor

the title pretty much says it all. Looks like apple is dropping the headphone jack. 

Since I rely on paypal Here that will no longer work if I upgrade my phone.  Can we expect a new ready that plugs into thier Lightning port?  Sure we can still enter card numbers manually, but that cost more.

Maybe its time for us all to consider other smartphones.  cheers!

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

GenuineLittles
New Community Member
Did you make a successful sale? I ran it with a square and it didn't work. 😞
Login to Me Too

Marsha24
Contributor
Contributor

Mine reader can be found, but does not work unless I manually put in the numbers.  Not gonna work for me...:(

Login to Me Too

Lancomegirl101
Contributor
Contributor

Did you use an adopter?

Login to Me Too

angieka246
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone been able to get it to work with the iPhone 7 audio jack adapter? I just tried with no luck. It wouldn't respond to several card swipes.
Login to Me Too

pearlriverhonda
New Community Member

Have you had any luck yet or heard anything? I just got an iphone 7 and also tried the adapter.

Login to Me Too

gorillaaxle
Contributor
Contributor

The adapter worked fine with the Paypal Here swiper and the money was instantly available. A little awkward running cards to juggle the adapter while swiping but all in all it works.  

Login to Me Too

HereToHelp_
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a quick checklist to help troubleshoot:

• If you are using iOS 7, make sure to update your microphone settings. Settings > Privacy > Microphone > PayPal Here > On.
  • Make sure the app recognizes the card reader.
  • Make sure you are connected via Wi-Fi or Data Plan and have a strong connection.
  • Make sure your phone is not in a case.
  • Make sure your volume is turned all the way up.
  • Make sure your Location Services is turned on.
  • Make sure your Bluetooth is turned off.
  • Make sure you have launched the app before inserting the card reader.
  • Make sure the card numbers are facing the PayPal logo when swiping.
  • Make sure the app is up to date.
  • Make sure you are in the U.S. The app will not work outside of the country.

If you need technical assistance or you would like to report an issue with the PayPal website’s functionality, here’s how to submit a ticket to request assistance from PayPal’s Merchant Technical Support Team:

1. Go to https://www.PayPal.com/MTS
    2. Click Contact Support at the bottom of the page.
    3. Fill out the information requested in all required fields.
    4. Click Continue to submit your ticket.
    • Severity – How the issue is impacting you, for example: (1- if you are unable to receive payments to 5 - if you just asking for information).  In the dropdown select the appropriate option that you are contacting MTS about.
    • Environment – live, if the website has been active for a while, or integration if you are still in the process of developing the website.  You will select the option in the dropdown.
    • Select the product that you are having issues with. Select Merchant Services if it is a Pro, Payflow, Advanced or any other credit card processing issue.
    • Make sure you add the URL of your website if this is a website issue.
    • If you are using a 3rd party shopping cart select the cart or other if you customized your own or using our shopping cart.
    • If you have a manager account at manager.paypal.com make sure you enter your manager login information and the partner.
    • We recommend you upload a screenshot of the issue as this will help the technical department resolve it faster.

After you submit your ticket, we will send a confirmation email, and a technician will be assigned to help you. The technician will contact you by email and provide you with any updates.

You have the option of creating an account on the MTS ticketing website. This will not affect your PayPal account in any way, as these sites are independent from each other. Creating the MTS ticketing account will organize your ticket communication for future reference.

To create an MTS ticket account, go to www.paypal.com/mts and click Contact Support at the bottom of the page. Fill in the fields marked as required (as well as any optional information you wish us to have) and click Create Account. This will log you in to the ticketing account. Any ticket that you create while logged into the account, will be stored for future reference

Login to Me Too

angieka246
Contributor
Contributor
This doesn't help. There is no jack to insert the reader into and it doesn't work when using the adapter through the Apple lightning power connection.
Login to Me Too

MWelch2583
New Community Member

Just got an iphone 7, did the newest software update, my reader works fine with the adapter cable

Login to Me Too

gorillaaxle
Contributor
Contributor

It does cost more to manually key in but what they also don't tell you, which I'm having to find out the hard way, is that when you key in through the app your funds are held for 3 weeks. You read that right 3WEEKS!  So beware.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.