IPN has stopped working in Sandbox

MartinJ2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm having /real/ trouble with IPN in Sandbox. It was working fine until a couple of days ago when notifications just stopped. I can't figure out why. My LIstener is still fine and responds to Simulator testing. The only thing that looks odd is that when I try to "Link my sandbox a/c to my developer a/c" I get "This a/c is already linked to another a/c".  But then I get this with a brand new Sandbox a/c too - most perplexing. Also I don't have a "developer a/c" as such, right?  I just have a paypal a/c.

My paypal a/c is the thing that tells Paypal that I want to use IPN, so linking seems important, but since I logged into the Sandbox with my paypal a/c I'm struggling to understand why I need to "link sandbox a/c" in the first place.

As a postscript I've just noticed that although my custom-button testing enters Paypal Sandbox fine and completes the transaction correctly I'm not getting anything in the Sandbox notifications area now either - the last entry was made some four days ago. I've just repeated the test using the simulator (I used cut and paste to make sure I was using exactly the same return address for the IPN). This does trigger an IPN response (and I see the testing email in the listener) but again there are no notifications - I would have expected to see them against the default accounts in my Sandbox (else why are they there?). All very mysterious. 

I'm starting to wonder if the Sandbox is broken at present. Browsing in the "support" area of the Sandbox I gather that the system thinks everything is fine. Unfortunately I can see no way to raise a ticket. Does anyone know different?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, MartinJ2

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.