I need the help of PayPal Egypt users please

Yostina
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to link my prepaid visa card issued in Egypt by bank Ahly to activate my Egyptian PayPal for money withdrawal but it shows a message saying that bank that issued the card is not approving of the transaction so I called the bank and they told me that the card is working properly and that there is no problem, then I reached to PayPal through messaging and they said that their system is being blocked out of the bank's system, so I went back to the bank and they said that they are not blocking PayPal (which I honestly doubt because everytime I call I get a different answer and they don't know what's wrong) I tend to believe that they are blocking the website and so I want to find a bank who is not blocking PayPal but I don't know which one and I don't want to waste money on trying different banks.

Please if you use a visa card issued in Egypt to activate your Egyptian PayPal for money withdrawal, please let me know what type of card it is and what bank are you using. I'm thinking of Alex bank but I'm not sure if it's compaitable or not. Please help me, I can't work online because  of this.

Thank you a lot in advance 🙂

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MohamedMohsen
Contributor
Contributor

this is awaste of your time  ... iam stuck at this stage for years now  .. even if you get avisa card that worked with paypal  .. they will block it at any time  .. try to use any other service  .. but if you must use pay pal  .. then you should try to get a online us bank acount 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I doubt a US virtual bank account would work very good either for withdrawing; may be verifying a PayPal account at best.  Only US bank accts opened at a physical bank location is accepted.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

amre
Contributor
Contributor

This is a major issue in all banks

According to central bank of Egypt paypal socket is closed for all banks in Egypt "Tarek Amir"

if i were you i would try Barclays bank

if it is blocked there then forget about it at the current moment

one other solution would be using any ewallet that provide virtual cc but most of these wallets are not accepted in paypal

so welcome in the middle east

Best wishes

Login to Me Too

mahmoudfarghal
Contributor
Contributor

is it a debit or credit card?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.