I'm not even selling nor shipping any product, yet payment is still withheld for 21 days?

audrim
Contributor
Contributor

What gives? I've been receiving payments before with no problems at all, why are payments now being withheld for 21 days?? Your FAQ says buyer protection, but the one paying is not a buyer!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @audrim,

I'm sorry to hear about the delayed funds availability. It sounds as if the payments are being sent to you as payments for goods and/or services, which would make them subject to the possibility of a delay. Are you providing a service in exchange for these payments? If so, that is considered a sale, and the risk is still inherent in the transaction, making it necessary to delay the availability of the funds as outlined in that linked article. If the payments are not meant to be in exchange for anything of value, whether a physical good, an intangible good, or a service, then the sender of the payment should select to send as a friends and family payment. This should only be done if the payment is a gift, however.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.