I'm being forced to login twice... every time, from every device

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what device or browser I use, I'm forced to enter login information a second time. I've cleared cookies, used different browsers, and I'm having the same experience on mobile or desktop.

Often, I see the "You must log in before you access this page" error after the first login attempt.

This happens if I'm just logging in to check my account or if I'm in a checkout process.

The second time I enter my details, I'm always logged in. I'm not entering anything differently -- email/password are correct. I'm not seeing any errors related to incorrect login details. I just have to do it twice. Every time.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

PCPTPPBKFS
New Community Member

I am also experiencing this exact problem and would appreciate some help.

Login to Me Too

wmgilligan
New Community Member

Same here - as are others I know.

Login to Me Too

924kr
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, in fact, I had to log in 4 times to get to this community and it gave me multiple errors, then all of a sudden brought me here.

But my original double login problems started when I changed my password, not sure if that was coincidental or not. It's a real pain, because I use a long complicated password plus the security code card, so doing this multiple times is a lot of extra work.

PayPal seems to have many different login pages, something is up with many of them, I wish they'd fix this?

Login to Me Too

jayson3
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  It has been happening for several weeks.  I wonder if it is a security measure....   

Login to Me Too

mynameisused
New Community Member

Is there any update from PayPal on this problem?  it started happening to me recently as well and is quite annoying.

Login to Me Too

dyslexiagames
Contributor
Contributor

Me too!!!

Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

We have seen this for a month now.  Super anoying.  Has anyone contacted PayPal about this?

Login to Me Too

medalsguy
Contributor
Contributor

Complaining to Paypal is like dropping a penny down a very deep well.

Login to Me Too

mconroy42
Contributor
Contributor

I am adding my complaint to this list of similar activity. I have contacted support and am promised a call-back this afternoon with a solution, however..... They did not seem to be aware of such a glitch and were somewhat dismayed with the description of my problem. I shall redirect their attention to these message threads and hope for the best.....

I think we should esclate this to live tech. suppt. (humans not messages on a forum) since it is potentially serious and it seems no answers are being delivered here in a timely manner....

*************************************************************************************************

Finally the solution to my issue has been found. Dissconnecting the security key from my account now allows proper login... They are aware of the bug and are working on a solution. I was promised an email when it is resolved so I can reactivate my key.

It would seem the best way to get an answer is persistant escalation of your issue, the forums may not be monitored. This is obvious as the first complaint of this issue is over a month old without response from the experts.....

Cheers! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.