I have no idea what happened to my payment

jtelemaque
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold sneakers, and shipped them via fedex. I have proof of tracking info, delivery, and that someone signed and got them. The buyer also confirmed that he knew the person that signed for them. Before he shipped them, he sent me the payment and its been on hold, this payment has been made since sunday. I sent paypal the tracking number, and have been waiting for him to comfirm delivery but he won't. Everytime I text him, he says he'll comfirm it but doesn't. Also I don't see anything in my transaction history, and when I search the receipt number nothing comes up. I'm just scared I got scammed. This is my first sale too, I don't know how this works, so this is the last option I have of recieving help. So someone please help! Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course you got scammed.  It happens a lot for new sellers who don't check account details before shipping.   It happens for buyers who don't take the time to learn about PayPal policies before trying to make a quick sale and a lot of money.  Scammers know how to entice those sellers.

It happens a lot for high priced high demand items, especially on Craig's list.

Potential buyers send a fake screen shot or just text by spoofing a PayPal email address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.