I dont have a registered company, can i still sell using paypal ?

Sleiman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
I have a small website where a sell digital art, i am trying to set up a business account and i was wondering if i need a registered company to be able to do it ?
Would i get limitations if dont have a registered company ? Am asking this because there was a problem with comfirming my credit card and when i emailed support, they asked me to:

1. Submit a copy of your Business Registrations (Business registrations, Memorandum/Article of Association, Certificate of Incorporation or equivalent).

2. Submit an authorization letter (in another format becasue we could not view the one that you provided) under your company's letterhead signed by one of your owners/directors giving the individual authorization to operate this PayPal account.

I dont have any of these as i dont have a registered company. What can i do ? shall i search for another payement gateway ?

Thanks guys,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check your state requirements for selling.  Are you required to collect and remit sales tax in your state?  If so then you would need to register with your state and you would the required documentation.

Does your state have a personal income tax?  If so, then operating a sole proprietorship would require some documentation.

A sole proprietorship would simply be your own name as a business name.

If you provided more information about your business and how it operates someone might be able to help.

Login to Me Too

Sleiman
Contributor
Contributor
my location is UAE, my just sell digital art online through my website. Would this require a registered company and tax paying !?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have no idea about business activity and registrations in your country. Pehaps best to check with a financial adviser in your country.

Just be aware that you have no seller protection for virtual items and it's easy for buyers to win non-delivery disputes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.