How to link a non USA credit card to my US paypal account

Antclay
Contributor
Contributor

I have a US paypal account and live overseas. How to link a credit card issued outside of US to my paypal account????

Why do the computer systems in the US, assume only people in the US want to use them. The mobile number has to be a US number. The mailing address has to be in the US. The credit card has to have a US address. It is really weird. Other countries do not have such a restricted policy. What are the US authorities afraid of ????

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

open a non US paypal account.and link your local bank and credit cards

Login to Me Too

Antclay
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sumiko. 

I wanted a US bank account to avoid exchange rate and charges each time I bought something in the US. If I open a paypal account in Australia where i live, can I open it in any currency, say US dollars?? Are there any additional charges with paypal using payments from different countries ??? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you are an American expatriate living in Australia,you can link bothlocal and US bank accounts to your Australian paypal account,but your local currency would be Australian dollars.

you can maintain a US balance as well as Australian balance in your paypal account,go to your profile and make the change,that you will keep US dollars as a separate balance.then when you buy something from a US buyer,then you can use yoru US balance to pay.

Not sure what happens when you move fund from US bank account into your US balance of your Australian paypal account?

conversion fee is 3%.for converting one currency to another besides real time exchange rate.may be try a smal amount and see what happens 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.