How to add customer's email to payment confirmation?

Data4GAAN
Contributor
Contributor

How can i add a customers email to the payment confirmation email that i receive once the customer makes a payment. I only see the name but not the customers email address.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can click on Paypal transaction detail and see her email address?

or where you sell,theymust have her email address like Ebay order detail

Login to Me Too

Data4GAAN
Contributor
Contributor

is there no way to customize the confirmation email to include the email address, maybe using variables?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Usually the customer's PayPal email address is included in the message body of the payment notification and even on the notification subject title.  Btw, do you use any of PayPal's standard web payment buttons to accept payments? Payment notifications from those include the sender's PayPal email address.

PayPal does not let you customize their notification emails.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Data4GAAN
Contributor
Contributor

No it just has their name. I wish i could upload an image. I will be using a paypal button on my site. 

Login to Me Too

Data4GAAN
Contributor
Contributor

i wish i could upload an image of the email but in the "You've got money" email it says "Name of Customer" sent you $ USD.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can upload image to an imagehost blurring the private info and post the link.  I use the Buy Now buttons and I get the sender's name and email address in the subject heading and in the message body too.  I very rarely get the You've got money notifications unless I got a personal payment or the sender is not using the buy now buttons to pay me.  Sometimes a sender is unregistered sending me money via PayPal guest through Buy Now button and the notification subject heading is "Payment Received from (email)" and the email address and name is in the message body.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Data4GAAN
Contributor
Contributor

Oh ok. I have not added the button's to my site yet, so i have not seen the email confirmation. I will test it that way. Thank you so much. You have been very helpful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.