How to Download Transaction History in New Site

avalancheMTN
New Community Member

Hello

In the old site there was a place where I could go and download the transaction history.  I could specify a date range and specify what fields I wanted to download into the CSV file.

Can anyone tell me if that still exists in the new layout?  If so, can you point me in the direction of where I can do that.

Thanks,

Brian

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's one way:

Login to your Account.

On the landing page, click on the small icon with 3 bars, top right of the screen.

In the box that is displayed, click on Reports.

At the bottom of the page, you should a link for Download History.

Click on that link.

The new version does not offer the same options as before -

You can choose the format of the file - CSV or TAB and your Maximum date range is 31 days at a time.  Which is a bummer as you basically can only download 1 month at a time - this maybe is good for some folks but, is a challenge for others.   Now instead of downloading a Year, you have do a month at a time.

Login to Me Too

avalancheMTN
New Community Member

HMMM

On the main landing page when I log in the only thing I have in the upper right corner is a Bell, A Gear and logout button.

??

Any thoughts?

Brian

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Can't say, assuming you have a US Account, which one do you have .... Personal, Premier or Business. 

I have a business, top of screen looks like this after I login in:

PayPa_Screen.jpg

Login to Me Too

DanceScientist
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. On the left o my web interface, I see "Upgrade to business" account. I thought I've had a business account for the past 8 years.

Login to Me Too

unicorn9090
New Community Member

So If I do not have a business account I can not download my trans actions?

Login to Me Too

joz
Contributor
Contributor
The old download history page is still available. But the interfaces are different for different account types and getting to the link/page is difficult than earlier.

These are the ways I have figured out so far.
Merchant Account - Transaction -> Activity -> Download Link on the right hand side.
Consumer Account - Activity -> Click on Statements DropDown on right hand side -> Activity Export.

Irrespective of the account type, direct link https://history.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download works fine and I have bookmarked and using the same.
Login to Me Too

Spenski
New Community Member

Log into your Paypal Account.  Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.  On the lower left-hand side you will see "Classic Site"  Click on that and it will take you to the old Paypal format and then you can go to history and download all your transactions.  I just did it and it works fine.  I just downloaded all of 2014 to CSV.  You have to wait to get the log of your transactions from Paypal like you always had to do.  They email you the link.  Then you can open it and save it as an Excel file.  Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

mpero3
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Spenski!  The link worked perfectly & I got my transaction history in pdf form.  It really helps with taxes.

Login to Me Too

mpero3
Contributor
Contributor

I actually meant that the link from Joz works perfectly.  I'm sure Spenski's directions work, too!  Thank you both!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.