How to Check Progress to 1099-K

crazysaguaro
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Is there an area of my Paypal account where I can easily check my progress to getting a 1099 (200 transactions, $20k sales)?  I'd like to keep an eye on it so I stay under the threshhold.

I checked the 1099 forum posts and FAQs but didn't see anything about tracking the progress.

Thanks,

Gina

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No, there is not.  You have to keep your own records to monitor that.  Use a spreadsheet and document each goods and services payment received and total amount of payment and then tally it up with a =Sum(cell..cell) formula in a spreadsheet cell.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

crazysaguaro
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, that's too bad -  I wish there was.

Do you know if they go by the GROSS or NET amount of the transaction to count toward the 1099-K amount?

Thank you,

Gina

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal reports gross receipts for goods and services.  It is your reponsibility to report all income to the IRS whether PayPal provides a 1099-K or not.  You are responsble for maintaining your own business account records so you can complete a business 1040-c form for the IRS; that's how you determine income or loss for your business.  PayPal does not do that for you.

Login to Me Too

crazysaguaro
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the information.  🙂

-Gina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.