How do you eliminate the current primary email address?

gramps12
Contributor
Contributor

I have added 2 new verified email addresses to my account and need to eliminate the current primary address but the edit process will not  allow it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click edit (pencil icon) next to the email address you want as the new primary, tick the make primary email address checkbox, hit save.  Then you can trash the email address you don't want on the list of email addresses anymore.

Adding and confirming email address to your email list and making a email addresss primary are two separate steps/concepts.  Therefore, can't delete a primary email address without selecting a new primary email address first.  Can't add/confirm a new email address and make it primary at the same time.  It has to be added first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click edit (pencil icon) next to the email address you want as the new primary, tick the make primary email address checkbox, hit save.  Then you can trash the email address you don't want on the list of email addresses anymore.

Adding and confirming email address to your email list and making a email addresss primary are two separate steps/concepts.  Therefore, can't delete a primary email address without selecting a new primary email address first.  Can't add/confirm a new email address and make it primary at the same time.  It has to be added first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

gramps12
Contributor
Contributor

Worked like a charm.  Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.