How do I claim a payment on a game I bought from Origin?

aylacal
Contributor
Contributor

I payed for a game using my Paypal Balance on EA Origin. However I want a refund, which I cannot do because my payment is pending, and has been pending for a week. I'm supposed to claim the payment but I don't know how? Please help :0

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the transaction in your PayPal account on your computer?

Login to Me Too

aylacal
Contributor
Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 5.31.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-22 at 5.31.41 PM.png

I paid with my Paypal Balance and my transaction ID is on there too. There isn't anywhere where I can cancel the payment or claim the money, but on my Origin account it says the payment is pending a response from the provider or action on my part. So I'm not sure even where to start on claiming my payment 😕

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't understand.  You made a payment; there is nothing for you to claim about the payment.  The payment went to the seller.  Nothing to claim.

What is the problem?

Login to Me Too

aylacal
Contributor
Contributor
Hm. I kept asking for help on a refund and they said I couldn't get it refunded until I claimed the payment, but if theres nothing I can do then I guess I have to go to them again. Thanks for the help!
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You made a payment; there is nothing to claim.

Now it makes sense since you described what you want to do.

Why is the payment pending?  What are the issues with your account?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

More details you omitted:  what countries are invoved?  What currencies?

Login to Me Too

aylacal
Contributor
Contributor
Ah I live in the US and payed them with US currency, and there aren't any issues with my account. I wanted a refund and all that they said was that it takes 72 hours to process the payment in order to get my money back, and since it's been past 72 hours now they say that it's pending because I haven't claimed the payment from my Paypal account. Obviously that isn't the case, so when I go to their help center I'll have to let them know.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are the 2 graphics from your own PayPal transaction details pages?

Login to Me Too

aylacal
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, the first is my actual Paypal Account receipt I got when I bought the game and the second is on the EA order history page for the same game (the prices look different cause I bought the game on Origin which I guess offers a discount) but i assure you theyre the same order
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.