Holding my Money for 21 Daya

RosemaryF
Contributor
Contributor

I am 75 years old on a fixed income. In order to help make ends meet I am selling my belongings on ebay. 

I want to thank Pay Pal forputting a 21 day hold on my earnings. This so helpful in paying my bills.

Thanks again Pay Pal

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RosemaryF

Not sure what is has to do with paypal to be honest.

You are selling on Ebay and Ebays policy for holding new sellers payments is different to Paypals and Ebay authorise when Paypal can release those payments.

Also its the new seller hold that EVERY seller on Ebay has gone through so not sure why you think you should be exempt, i have been through it myself.

You rarely wait 21 days, if you send trackable the funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered to the buyer + 3 days.

Also the actual hold does not last long, just until Ebay know you are a good seller.

The hold is for buyer protection and we all need buyers, it also weeds out poor sellers which is good for the rest of us.

But if you don't want to go through the hold that everyone else has to then I suggest you don't use Ebay to sell and use car boot sales instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RosemaryF
Contributor
Contributor

The message is from Pay Pal not ebay.

The message did not come after my first sale but after my 8th sale. If this is standard proceedure why wasn't I told up front? Why wait until the hold on my funds seems punitive?  I believe they are basing this on my age and the fact that I am female.

There is nothing in the message to indicate that this is standard proceedure. It reads 'Based on your history as an ebay seller". Does that sound like standard preceedure to you? It doesn't to me.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

EBay has some guidelines on its site  on withholding fund,it has nothing to do with seller age or sex/

IT has to do with how long you have been selling on Ebay,how good are your sales record,what does tracking show and what is the item,how risky is the sales.

Sometimes a seasoned seller coming back from hiatus or selling outside her normal price range could face  a hold as well.

you can call Ebay and ask them to release the payment if tracking has shown it has been delivered.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RosemaryF

You had the email from paypal because paypal are the ones that hold your money ON BEHALF OF EBAY.

Paypal has a different hold policy for non-Ebay sellers so you are subject to EBAYS hold policy and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

The hold can suddenly be applied for many reasons but being a new seller is the most common one.

If you read up on selling BEFORE you start selling on Ebays site then it clearly tells you that you may be subject to the new seller hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.