Holding Funds

cowboy12
Contributor
Contributor

They are holding my funds for 21 days But one transaction they went ahead and credit to my account why didn't they hold that one? Can they pick and choose which one they hold and don't hold It was the second item I sold and it was credited the same day But my first sale they are holding until May 11

Any help would be great Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It could be the size of the payment,it could be the first payment reached the limit,it could be source of the payment,if the payment comes from Paypal fund,then it is instant,else it would take days to collect .

it could be your buyer too,if he has a reputation of disputes,chargebacks ,bounced checks,who knows

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, they do.  Can't explain why as PayPal does not reveals their security/risk models.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

cowboy12
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Very much Don't understand but  I am not alone. Thought I did something wrong!!!

Cowboy12

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It could be the size of the payment,it could be the first payment reached the limit,it could be source of the payment,if the payment comes from Paypal fund,then it is instant,else it would take days to collect .

it could be your buyer too,if he has a reputation of disputes,chargebacks ,bounced checks,who knows

Login to Me Too

Justyna86
Contributor
Contributor
Under what law paypal is holding on funds? I have had second hold in a week. Had to ring them and ask to release it when my item has been received by recipient and positive feedback put on ebay. Still waiting 0-3 days for the first one to appear on my bank account when normally had it within 2hrs. Thieves!!!
Login to Me Too

jhartmac
Contributor
Contributor

PP is changing to illegal hold funds, it doesn't matter the reason at the end of the day PP packages this as WE ARE PROTECTING YOU..........ummm no I don't need you to protect me by IMPOUNDING my money...........NO you don't need to protect the buyer by ............impounding my money and taking your 3% .........NO NO NO Period........as Ive stated before PP has been sued and LOST in court because of these practices, especially when like me Ive been a long time customer and the buyer verified they are happy with the item (this was NOT an ebay) transaction however I guess the buyer protection program means PP gets to float my money, meanwhile I pay shipping out of my own pocket, THEN once the tracking number is verifed ANOTHER 3 days........oh wait thats not done, THEN i have to wait another day or more for the actual TRANSFER??? SO for me I shipped something to Texas IM still waiting over 10 days for my OWN money? IS this PP's money?  IF they accept the 3% then they accept the risk.........BUT my account has no risk.......so whats the point..........the piont is there is no point..........its a scheme.....and its time to start another class action.....

Login to Me Too

hananova
Contributor
Contributor

Hey GreedyPal, see the big fat middle finger? 

You are liars - there is no problem with any of the payments you started hiolding this year. 

I am hoping my Congressman can get off his butt and do something, like start regulating this MONOPOLY and make it start acting ETHICALLY.

If not, I will settle for breakup of PayFoe into little, regional companies.

Login to Me Too

hananova
Contributor
Contributor

I have had to ask them to release the funds all 3 times in the past month, because their algorithms are PURPOSELY set up to claim all the tracking information you enter is invalid.

I think what GreedyPal are doing is very similar to ROBBERY - using a computer - and should be prosecuted. 

Login to Me Too

Mejane
Contributor
Contributor

It's a scam.  PayPal does their famous 21-day hold to make interest on everyone's money.  People who sell on Ebay and are fed up should push for alternatives to PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

ChrisK8484
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, I have been lied to numerous times, they promise to release funds and then hold for indefinate amount of time claming they are following ebay policy but they are not and I agree it sounds like a scam.

I have reported this practice to consumer affairs and hope the attorney general gets involved or maybe a class action lawsuit.

how long can they get away with this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.