Hold on payment received

haruhi
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, So I shipped a package first class international to Canada through the USPS. I added the tracking info a week ago and the package was delivered a couple days ago but USPS hasn't even updated it leaving the country. The same tracking number used on Canada post shows it as delivered and buyer has even e-mailed me saying he received the package. There is no option to use Canada post as the tracking source on PayPal, do I really have to wait the entire 21 days since USPS isn't going to update their tracking?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@haruhi

No idea as you have not said whether its an ebay or private sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

haruhi
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, it was done as a PayPal invoice
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@haruhi

See if this link opens in your country, if not i will cut / paste it  >>

www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ3236/2/?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

haruhi
Contributor
Contributor
So my issue is USPS is not going to update tracking even though it's delivered Here is the tracking number in question: LH002399798US Canada post has full tracking but USPS hasn't updated at all. On PayPal I can only use USPS for tracking the package.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Tell buyer to mark transaction as Item Received on PayPal then.  That may help release funds quicker.

Have to treat it as if you didn't add tracking and follow the 7 day domestic/14 day intl funds release policy as opposed to adding tracking and PayPal can confirm delivery and they release funds in 3 days policy.

It's situations like this where PayPal has a problem confirming delivery on some transactions and cause delay in funds release.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It may take a few days up to a week for USPS to update tracking from other postal sites,in some cases ,never!

It could be the foreign post office does not forward the tracking data or forward incomplete data,like USPS always said,they have no control over foreign post office,they do what they **bleep** please.

Some have better computer set up,some do not. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.