Having a pen name

Kamiyan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there.

I'm freelancing and wanting to sell some comissioned art, but since I would be requesting payments via email my whole name would be there in each email and that wouldn't be the best thing for me.

So, is there any way of sending the emails via my pen name or creating an account for that matter? The closest I got to that was what I read in every topic on the same matter, a "business account" but apparentely it seems like that would require having an actual registered business.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does not allow you to hide your identity.

Login to Me Too

Kamiyan
Contributor
Contributor

Can I least shorten my name in the emails? Or use only my first name while sending the payment requests?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't change your real name on your account.

Login to Me Too

teire
New Community Member

So, having a pen name or an artist's name is not 'hiding your identity', I assure you. It's a common practice. Some changes can be made the name of your account, but it may be wiser to create a new paypal account for the pen name. This is something that might require you talk to paypal though. No, it's not a legal name in the sense that it isn't on a birth certificate. However, my pen name is on copyrights, and I use it in creating and selling art. I imagine that, if paypal hasn't encountered this question before, it's something they should take into consideration. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.