Getting Paid On Ebay With Paypal Credit

zippy1
Contributor
Contributor

Been on ebay since 1998 and paypal shortly after. Had someone purchase some trading cards last night and couldn't pay because ebay said I am not eligible to receive paypal credit. Found it strange. After two calls to ebay and two to paypal, they said that because my category is not eligible. They claim these rules have been in place since March 2017 and we were all notified via email. Of which 1% of us probably read it. This person has been buying for years including post March 2017. None of this makes any sense and I just don't believe any of this. I have had thousands of paypal payments since then. You mean to tell me not one other customer has tried to use paypal credit? Lame excuse was the risk factor but come on really.  Wonder if this has anything to do with the recent announcement from ebay regarding upcoming payment methods? Regardless, $240 sale down the drain, $40 out of ebay's pocket, and paypal out $$$.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your buyers can still use Paypal balance,bank or credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.