Funds on hold for 21 days

blfinish
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have been buying & selling  on Ebay for several years now with a 2 yr hiatus.. I just sold an item for a large sum and got a Funds Held for 21 day notice from paypal, I've read several articles on this paractice and it seems PP or Ebay wants me to send item to get the funds released soon, Maybe, NOWAY am I going to do that.. Now I sold this yesterday and emailed the buyer last night and this morning with no response... So I'm not feeling real comfy with the transaction because he had emailed me before and got right back to me.. I think I'll give him another day and then I'm gonna refund the money and relist the item.. He also paid a couple of hundred more but I'm not sure that happened because he was bidding with someone else.. If this is a scam I want to contact the other interested party to see if they'd still be interested in getting the sold item?  

Please give me any feed back as I don't want to sit and wait 21 days to find out this was all jive..

Sincerely 

gvfinish

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First, PayPal would indeed subject your account to the 21 days hold if you resume selling after not doing so after awhile.  Generally, as long as you have a record of payment in your acct, even if PayPal is holding it and in the transaction details (classic view) it says it is ok to ship and that the transaction is eligible for seller protection then you can go ahead and ship and upload tracking.

See this for seller protection program terms:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

You mean that the buyer won the auction at $200 more than the second chance bidder, and not that the buyer sent you $200 more than the total of the order on his own, right?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

blfinish
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know how to check the actual dollar amounts that were placed..  Also the purchaser just emailed me and said his bank put a hold on the monies and he told them to release it... I'm just not sure this guy dosen't seem to have any bad marks on him but both bidders were from Glendale Calif with very similar zip codes?  

I guess I'll give it a day or two?  

Please advise

thank you

Login to Me Too

blfinish
Contributor
Contributor

"You mean that the buyer won the auction at $200 more than the second chance bidder, and not that the buyer sent you $200 more than the total of the order on his own, right?"

Yes he paid 244.85 more than the item was listed for

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.