Fees for receiving money from sale

Airymic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm new at this, and was just wondering if everything is working correctly.

I have a web site where I sell stuff, and have it linked to my Paypal account.

As a test, I logged into my site and made a purchase of $1.75, using my wife's paypal.

When all was said and done, Paypal gave me $1.40 of the $1.75

I checked the Paypal terms, and what I found was:  Paypal charges 30 cents, plus 2.9% of the sale.

Well, 2.9% of 1.75 is .029, (basically 3 cents).  That plus 30 cents is a grand total of  .33 cents.

Yet they charged me  .35  cents.    I know that's only 2 cents,...   but am I missing something here?

If the amounts were much bigger,... then so would be the differences between what I should pay -vs- what I do pay.

Am I looking in the right place for my fees?   Should I be looking somewhere else....?

Thanks,

Jerry

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

At the bottom of any PayPal account page click on Fees for more information.  From the forum page, click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then get the User Agreement; fees will be there also.

Login to Me Too

Airymic
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email asking me to mark one of the solution suggestions as "Accepted".

Well,..  there IS only one, and apparently whoever wrote it didn't bother to read what I said.

(So, I'm assuming it was computer generated, based on "key-words".)

The suggestion did NOT address my concern, it merely pointed me where to go to look up PayPal fees.

I know how to find WHERE PayPal talks about their fees.  That's not the point.

The point is:  When PayPal calculates their fees,... IS THE MATH CORRECT??

.....let me guess,..  another computer generated response is on the way,...   right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.