Fees for Receiving Funds

jli2113
New Community Member

I am currently receiving personal payment for childcare directly from someone; however, I am getting a fee taken out each time I receive it. This is pretty hefty, and I don't feel that I (as a receiver) should be getting deducted a fee. I have searched for various answers and cannot find a clear-cut one. I would like to know if others have confronted this issue, so that I can present it to my recipient so she knows that what she believes she is paying me is actually not in full.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jli2113,

Thank you for posting in the community! I'm happy to shed a little light on what you're encountering.

The payments that you are receiving are for services that you provide, and as such, they are subject to a fee. That fee is always paid by the receiver of the payment when the payment is for goods or services. Sellers and service providers typically factor this fee into their operating costs for doing business. A seller of a good or service may not charge a surcharge to the buyer that passes a fee along to them, however the seller is in charge of pricing and generally operating costs are calculated in the price of any service.

To learn more about fees, please click Fees at the bottom of any Paypal.com page.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

She is either paying you for "Goods and Services" or is using a credit card as the payment source.

Note as you providing a service, if someone sends you money and chooses the "Friends and Family" option and either uses money from their PayPal Account Balance or their bank account - there are no fees however, it's possible you could end up with limited account because it may appear like you're trying to avoid the transaction processing fees. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.