Estimated funds availability

conormclav
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have sold an item on Ebay at the value of £290 and the seller has paid to PayPal. Usually my payments come through fairly quickly but this one is pending and the Estimated funds availability says "1 January 1970". I will refuse to send my item until I find out what is going on. 

Anyone any information on this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Darta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Conormclav, I would like to know how did you resolve your problem, because I have got exact problem it says  Estimated funds availability says "1 January 1970". 

thanks

Darta

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Bug in the date.  Contact PayPal, click Contact at bottom of page or hit them up at Facebook or Twitter.  I would imagine the year should be 2017.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Darta
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Sharpiemarker , Yes I have contacted Pay pal already, NOW WAITING FOR THE REPLY 🙂

Login to Me Too

conormclav
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Yeah, I got in touch with them through facebook. They were very helpful and I got my funds within a few days I think.
Login to Me Too

Darta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for replay. Did you get in touch with the buyer or paypal ?? who do I need to contact ? 

thanks

Darta

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello conormclav & Darta,

Thanks for taking the time to post your questions and comments here in the Community Forum. Here's some additional information that may be helpful.

The issue with the date showing incorrectly is a cosmetic issue and our Technical Teams are working on it. However, the System keeps track of the information needed to release payments to your Available Balance. If you receive a payment, it may be held for up to 21 days. This is to help increase buyer confidence in the marketplace and avoid unnecessary disputes and chargebacks which can be costly for sellers.

The hold time can be shortened by entering tracking information into the Transaction Details. Once the tracking is updated by the shipper to show confirmed delivery, it takes three days for the System to process this information and release the funds to your Available Balance. If it takes longer than three days, please call Customer Service or contact us on Facebook or Twitter and ask for the transaction to be reviewed.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Stevestevens
Hi this is shocking. I helped load in my pride and joy leaf vacuum to a buyers car waved them off with a tear in my eye and guess what Paypal keep the money ! £250 !! I email them , mark the item as delivered but as there is no tracking number I didn't get the funds. You can't post a half tonne machine so I marked it buyer collect. Which they did. Long story short buyer has the machine and PayPal has the money ! I got good feed back so I spent an hour on the phone to eBay and PP. I got the funds released to my PP account and because of the fuss I wanted to withdraw all of the balance. Guess what - that's now pending as well !!! Who are these people ? We are used to banks being regulated we don't expect them to be able to hold funds pending whatever. Without trust and confidence the model is broken. Without sellers eBay and PayPal are doomed. Make sure you don't run up a big credit balance as when they go bust you won't see it again. Get your money out now before it's too late and you lose it all.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Stevestevens

PayPal does not provide seller protection for in-person pickups.  Buyers and easily dispute non-delivery or the funding may fail.  It's a risk yu take when you accept PayPal payment for local pickup.  Cash the the only safe payment method when you don't ship with tracking.

Login to Me Too

Stevestevens
Then don't allow buyers to pay with PayPal when an item is marked as collect in person. Or make it well known you will be keeping the money until you feel like letting it go.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.