Error with credit card payments using PayPal app on live site

kmcclintic
Contributor
Contributor

I'm unable to receive credit card payments through our Paypal app on the live site.  Keep getting error message.  I've notified our software vendor and he is not sure the problem either so reaching out to the community in hope of resolving the issue.  Here is the email I received from my developer....

I've been trying to track this down, apparently this is an issue on the PayPal side.  I'm reading through some Google Results and it seems like in order to use the PayPal API, a feature needs to be turned on in the PayPal account.

Can you please reach out to PayPal's Merchant Technical Support and let them know:

* A software vendor is creating an app that will allow for purchases into your PayPal Account
* You've created the app, and a live client and secret id
* The app is attempting to make purchases using the client and secret id, but is getting the error "{"saved":false,"error":{"response":{"name":"UNAUTHORIZED_PAYMENT","message":"Unauthorized payment."
* Purchases work fine in the sandbox, but not on live

With that, PayPal MTS should hopefully be able to enable the API feature in your account and the payment process should begin to work.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.