Emergency! sent to wrong address!

Insoul
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an item I used my paypal account with to the wrong address as it makes you manually change it each time even though I added a new one in my profile, and I accidently selected it this time, and I need to change it otherwise I likely won't get the address what do I do?

it's a small buisness so I can talk to the owner himself but I don't know how he runs things so I don't know if it will make a difference even though I sent him an email not to send it to that address.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What did you do? 

Did you send an item to the wrong person?

I really can't tell from your run-on sentences what you did and what you want to do.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What did you do? 

Did you send an item to the wrong person?

I really can't tell from your run-on sentences what you did and what you want to do.

Login to Me Too

Insoul
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from a company but my paypal account had the wrong recieving address on it  (for myself) and thus it's set to be shipped to wrong address that I am not living at anymore and I am not sure what to do.

My item has a tracking number but I'm not sure if it will help and I just wanted to know what my options are.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming it has already shipped, there isn't anything PayPal can do to fix it and it is unlikely the seller can fix it.  The seller could contact the postal service and ask to have the package retrieved (there will be significant charge for this and it may not be successful.

You could ugently fill at a change of address form for the post office assuming the previous address recently was your real delivery address.  When you move, forwarding service can be good for 6 month, I think.

Hopefully the package will be refused or the postal carrier will recognize the the addressee doesn't live there and return to sender.   You could try a phone call to the delivery post office and ask for an interception.

In worst case, the person at the wrong address will keep the item.

You would not be eligible for buyer protection as the item was shipped to your registered PayPal address.

Login to Me Too

Insoul
Contributor
Contributor

Well it's great because the mailing company allows one to change the mailing address but for some reason I cannot log into my account and the secret questions don't seem to work either. It's obviously my fault for not writing things down, but holy crap I do not see how the secret answers could not work.

I have never used different answers then just what is stated. "Name of pet" "Name of city born in?|

So I am basically **bleep**? I know the username they ask for but it's all under my real name and everything. I also don't know how I would confirm my prior address as I was only renting. I have some old paper work though I suppose showing that I previously lived there.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it is USPS,and you are willing to pay the fee,like 13.95,you can ask the seller to go to USPS website and ask them to intercept the package,it would be returned to the seller,not you  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.