Eleminating Primary Email Account

mjbr
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting rid of my yahoo mail accounts.  Cannot deal with error messages when using secure browser.  PayPal does not seem to provide a method to deal with this situtation.  I can get no button to allow me to delete the primary email account.  Best information I get in FAQs is to keep adding email accounts and that gives one the ability to delete or edit an account.  This does not allow action on the primary account.

Do I have to kill the PayPal account and start a new one just to change my primary email address?  If so, that seems dumber than dumb.  But as I am eliminating all yahoo accounts, I will do anything to have PayPal using my actual email account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Add your new email address first.  After you confirm new email address, go back in (pencil icon), mark the new email address the Primary.  Then click the trash icon next to the yahoo email address you do not want.  It won't let you delete it while the yahoo email is the primary address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Add your new email address first.  After you confirm new email address, go back in (pencil icon), mark the new email address the Primary.  Then click the trash icon next to the yahoo email address you do not want.  It won't let you delete it while the yahoo email is the primary address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mjbr
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  I did not understand that from PayPals own instructions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.