Ebay shipping scam

bestul360
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered parts off ebay from 3/11/17 to 3/22/17, 6 items total, on all transactions pay pal says they confirmed

shipping info which is Lander Wy that also match my payment cards yet my product was shipped to a scammer

in Delaware, Pay Pal and Ebay doesnt seem to want to do anything about this product theft.

It costs money to get a education and I just got educated that Pay Pal is not safe or a protected way to

send money!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So you paid for your orders but the seller shipped to a different address.  Did you pay with credit card?  File a chargeback.  Go to your post office and give the tracking number to supervisor or manager to get GPS coordinates of the delivery and have USPS write a letter confirming which address it was shipped to.  Gather this evidence and send it in with your chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you ask the seller?

Login to Me Too

bestul360
Contributor
Contributor

This issue is not a problem of the seller!!! this issue needs to be owned buy pay pal and ebay as they are the ones that allowed the

address change on my account, still trying to figure out how someone that does not own the account can change the address yet when I get on my account to just change the street address in the same town and same zip code they wont allow this change because it does not match my payment card address info. so if anyone can figure that out please enlighten me.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

are you saying someone has changed your shipping address on Paypal and Ebay ,so the order ended up to another address.

When yiu tried to change it back to your own address,Paypal said yOu cany because it does not match your payment card address?

what is your payment card address,is it a credit or debit card issued by another company?

It sound like somone has hacked into your account,do you use your phone to access paypal and ebay?

how good is your security software?

Login to Me Too

bestul360
Contributor
Contributor

My payment card and my ship to address and my business are all in the same zip code, but to change from my home address to my business address could not be done because it did not match the address of my card.

Yet ebay and pay pal manged to let someone change my ship to address and send my packages Newport De 19804 in stead of

Lander Wy 82520 where they belong, I found all six of my packages, ebay and pay pal could care less about the buyer or the seller as long as they get thier money

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ebay and Paypal allow us to have multiple shipping addresses.

someone has to go in there and add these addresses,someone has your password.

do you use your phone a lot to access financial sites,and Ebay and Paypal?

you need to report this to USPS.

----------------

AMZN prime members can also add other people addresses and ask AMZN to ship to those addresses.

Ebay,AMZN and Paypal -

you can have multiple shipping address to send packages to friends and relatives.

How did someone manage to add /change your shipping address?it is not Ebay and paypal do not care,but many of us haev more than one shipping address.

if you have used a credit card,then file chargeback,I dont know if you will win if the recipient address is from your Paypal account.

But it is fraud and theft,yo can report this to USPS fraud investigation dept,this is mail fraud

Login to Me Too

bestul360
Contributor
Contributor

Have had a Pay Pal since 2005, same bank same address that has never been changed until now, From someone on march 5th in Austin Tx, All info I got from ebay. Can anyone say red flag, from a sight that claims complete customer protection and the esiest most secure way to send money.

It is a good thing for google earth because that is where i got a phone # off the building and was able to track down my stolen packages. As for the phone I still run a flip phone with no internet access.

PS

I must ask do you work for either Pay Pal or Ebay? based on your post i would say you work for one of these companys.

And yes the Feds have all the info on this scam as well as tracking #s, package contents, and all Email and voice info from

this **bleep** up.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you are asking if I work for Ebay or Paypal,the answer is I do not work for either one,I am a veteran seller on Ebay and AMZN,I dont use a phone either,I have a landline,so most of the time I just sit and use my PC.

No one here really know how someone managed to hack your Paypal account and change the shipping address?

I recall years ago ,I walked away from my pc for 30minutes and came back and saw many new listings listed under my Ebay seller ID,I called Ebay and they removed all these listings,I figure I must have click on some fake Ebay site and entered my Ebay ID and password,back then Ebay was suspending sellers and some are eager to get back in and sell,so they hijack my Ebay ID.

These days there are many clever ways to hack our accounts ,when you download some thing,or when you visited some websites and someone sold your data to someone.

There used to be sites where crooks posted names and new sites where the owner is gullible enough to ship with no tracking or accept a counterfeit check etc.

I hope you have changed your password,so not click on any link in your emails and guard your password.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.