Ebay collects funds twice

AngryGary1
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had this issue before?

I sold an item on ebay, days go by that buyer starts a return and it goes through the "resolution process".  Return went in the buyers favor and i was forced to refund him $303, well I had no funds in Paypal to take from so they posted my paypal account as negative the $303, it sat that way for another week until I sold more items, those funds were deposited into paypal when they were paid for which then covered that negative balance that was owed to my Paypal account.  Well then they took the same amount at a later date of $303 from my debit account.  This amount was already paid for with the funds that were collected and used to bring my paypal account from a negative balance to a posititive amount earlier.  They are then collecting this money on ebay's behalf TWICE, yet both paypal and ebay refuse to budge on this after numerous calls to both.  I've Filed an ACH unauthorized debit written statement with my Bank, it's about a 10 day process.  It's so blatantly obvious though with documentation showing it coming in and then taken out twice.  This is the most bizarre fiasco I've dealt with ever on ebay or paypal, but it's caused damage, permanent loss of trust by both paypal and ebay (thank god for amazon and android pay).  Over 10 years regular business with both, I was able to get out of one paypal employee that this similar situation is happening to quite a few people and that it is a policy disagreement between company practices. Shady in general and just begging for a class action attorney to start a case on.  I'll be searching for answers any advice on similar situations would be appreciated.  And if anyone receives Rochelle as your customer service rep with ebay, she will be condescending and insulting to you, and giggle at you like a sarcastic child, for staff members that can access this here's the ref call # 1-111365904600, she stated her managers are Devon and Kayla although that was all the information she could provide.  I'll be emailing every CEO and President of both PAYPAL/EBAY that I can find publicly accessible regarding that phone call conversation but that's a whole different story!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It would help if you list the transactions in your PayPal account so we can see the details.

Doing the same for your linked bank account would also help us understand what happened.

What is the current balance of your PayPal account?

What are the dates of the various transactions?

What was selling price of the second item?

Login to Me Too

AngryGary1
Contributor
Contributor

Ok...

Original transaction was March 15th buyer buys item

Transaction # 5WB39451WC134504A

April 10th I see a transaction for 313.07 that was refunded from my paypal balance to the buyer, paid to his paypal balance, with a highlighted note saying refunded March 29th.

Transaction # 7LB432683J4854306

April 10th another transaction from ebay as well for 313.07, this amount coming out of my debit bank account, this is the unauthorized one as the funds have been collected and applied (see above) from my paypal balance.

Transaction # 9R401590AE3199928  Ebay invoice ID # EBAY27657453280

My paypal account currently sits positive with about $30ish balance in it.  The only other information to include on this is that when the funds were originally returned to buyer, apparantly on March 29th there were no funds in paypal.  It sat with a negative balance until the 10th of April when i sold another item and was paid $289.06 Transaction #2FH24700WF810222X, and then deposited the additional $4.41Transaction # 72710895RX7980027

to make the paypal balance back to $0.  

I'll go ahead and keep my personal banking private, although the debit has gone through now and cleared, I've filed an ACH unauthorized transaction to stop this as it was already paid back March 29th, and processed apparantely on April 10th with the additional transaction.  I will be stripping my accounts  from PAYPAL/EBAY,  ASAP although the unauthorized form will prevent any future billing or attempts by them to my Account.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is your "debit bank"?  Is is a local walk-in bank?  Do you have a debit card issued by that bank?  How is that bank related to PayPal?

Login to Me Too

AngryGary1
Contributor
Contributor
Debit/bank is my usaa checking account, and this relates to PayPal because it is where the unauthorized funds were removed from without any consent, and after the amount being sought had been fully collected and accounted for.
Login to Me Too

AngryGary1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i have a debit card
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

On the 10th you mentioned funds taken from your bank debit card.  What does this mean.  Your VISA USAA bank debit card was used as b ackup fundin or the funds were taken directly from your bank?

Login to Me Too

AngryGary1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes that is correct
Login to Me Too

AngryGary1
Contributor
Contributor
Funds were take directly from the bank on the 10th
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.