E Checks

Geo149
New Community Member
Hello so I recently sold something from a video game to someone and he sent me an E Check for $70 dollars. All is good for 2 days then I get on my PayPal and the payment has been canceled. I have already given him the in-game item, is there anyway I can get my money back. I have pictures that we completed the transaction and transaction number. This is my first time selling stuff online. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GQShirts
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Geo149,

Thank you for your inquiry. PayPal advises you not to send out any shipments until payment has been cleared. I am sorry to say, but he probably canceled his payment after seeing that you had already shipped out the goods. The good thing is that you still have time to contact your courier to redirect the package back to you. It is going to cost you a little bit, but it is better than sending him free stuff. I hope this helps, cheers.

GQ Shirts

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Unfortunately, you did not wait until the eCheck cleared/completed before delivering the digital goods.   eChecks take 3-6 days to clear and sometimes longer if the sender has insufficient funds.  PayPal will then make another attempt to collect from senders bank.  If the request is returned unpaid on the second attempt, you will be notified that payment failed and you do not send the goods.

There is no incentive for the other party to pay you now once you give up the goods.  Always wait until payment is showing under the Complete section

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.