Download Activity Report - Item title blank

microsvc
Contributor
Contributor

When I download a report of all transactions and activity, the CSV has the column "Item Title" but it's BLANK.  In all the many previous years this column was populated, but not now.

How can I get a transaction report that includes the "Item Title" column populated?  I search on that column.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

brad-sd
Contributor
Contributor

I also needed the Item Title. But I found a way to work around it at this point by using Item ID and linking them to eBay listings.

This works fine when a single item is purchased. However, when a single transaction has more than one item in the shopping cart, the Item ID field only lists a single ID from the fist item in the cart..

I was able to work with it when each individual item was listed on a separate line. Then they changed to a single line and used pipes to separate ID's, which I was able to work with. A few days ago the reports have changed again and as a result of the lack of item titles and/or itemID the reports are useless for my needs.

I have not figured out how to identify how many items were purchased within a single order and what individual items were purchased.

My bookkeeping has come to screeching halt until this is somehow resolved.

Login to Me Too

microsvc
Contributor
Contributor

What is your workaround?

Additionally, last year (or the year before) you could only download one month at a time, then I had to merge 12 CSVs together.  Why is paypal doing this to their customers? 

Login to Me Too

brad-sd
Contributor
Contributor

I did find that item titles are shown when you use the .csv file for "transactions Details" under the "Transactions" menu. Perhaps that might help you.

But it doesn't help me because again it only shows the first item in the cart. Absolutely useless for times when someone purchaees multiple items.

Login to Me Too

KMGImports
New Community Member

This is also seriously getting in our way when it comes to uploading our PayPal transactions into QuickBooks. By making item title blank they basically just broke our upload template and made it imposssible to verify items against the item URLs (which we use to create a SKU# for upload purposes because they containt the variation number as well).

PayPal....come on!

Login to Me Too

HalfOunce
New Community Member

Ours was working until I went to download March's report! 

It's only blank for eBay transactions - is this actually an eBay issue?

Login to Me Too

ssaa-accounts
New Community Member

This has also happened with our reports but is not consistently blank - not sure why this is happening but we also use this column as a search tool.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.