Dowloadin Statements

MagicBob75
Contributor
Contributor

This month when I tried to download my statement it saves a .txt file which is completely useless. I even went to previous months and they all downloaded as .txt files. I htought they used to be downloaded as a .pdf file.

Am I suddenly doing something wrong?

Than you,

Bob

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you select the pdf option?

Login to Me Too

MagicBob75
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the activities page and clicked on statements, then clicked on statements - pdf. On the next page I clicked on the month I wanted to download. At the bottom of the screen the download dialogue opens and I click on save as. Looking at the save window I see that it is going to save it as a .txt file, and no option to change it. I saved and openned it once and it is a text file.

Thanks,

Bob

@DPCreations wrote:

Did you select the pdf option?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My activites page has no option for statements.

On only have a PayPal Credit statement option from my summary page.

For what account are you trying to get a statement?

Login to Me Too

MagicBob75
Contributor
Contributor

Mine does. I have included a screen shot.

Screen Shot Paypal.png

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No statement option on the right for my acocunt; perhaps because it's a business account.  No idea.

Login to Me Too

MagicBob75
Contributor
Contributor

On my business account there is no statement option either. I do not understand why there isn't one on a business account. Seems to me if any account should be able to get statements, it should be a business account.

Bob

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do you have any PayPal credit or debit cards issued as part of your regular accounts?

What are the actual contents of a PayPal statement as I didn't know they ever issued a statement for a regular account?

Login to Me Too

MagicBob75
Contributor
Contributor

No, I have no PayPal cards.

The statement is typical of other financial statements. It shows income and outgo, begin and end balance. I doesn't show a running balance though.

Bob

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, it's more of a generated report than a dated monthly statement?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.