Developer User Agreement, Section 8.6 -- Please explain

StrivenWord
Contributor
Contributor

My employer is requiring me to implement a plug-in that requires PayPal API credentials, so I'm learning all I can about the proper way to handle this from an account level, as well as about the API. I feel I urgently need to understand the proper way to test using Sandbox accounts, but I'm not even close to being able to do that yet, and I'm going to need to know how to eventually proceed with setting up my employer's PayPal account to receive money -- I don't understand if that means my employer has to sign up to be a developer too. (But that's unrelated to this question.)

I'm currently reading the Developer User Agreement, and I don't understand what section 8.6 means for the reservation booking functionality I'm implementing:

Provide Referring URL. If your Application sells or offers for sale goods or services or facilitates sales of goods or services, then each Payment Order from your Application must include the URL containing a list of all the items available for sale. If your Application refers to a website from which terms of sale or further information is available, then each Payment Order from your Application must provide the URL from the referenced website. If your Application enables Your User to send a Personal Payment, each Payment Order for a Personal Payment must refer to a website from which terms governing the Personal Payment are available. You must ensure that any URL required by this clause is maintained so that it is current and up-to-date.

I also don't understand if the burden of producing these URLs is mine, or if the third-party plug-in I'm using (and need to provide API credentials for) is supposed to comply with this rule.

Thanks, and any further advice is much appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You just have to include a url to your webstore page and/or terms of service or sales.  I think the burden is yours.  The plug-in is just helping you to facilitate PayPal transactions so the burden is not on the plug-in, unless the plug-in itself asks you to include these referring urls.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You just have to include a url to your webstore page and/or terms of service or sales.  I think the burden is yours.  The plug-in is just helping you to facilitate PayPal transactions so the burden is not on the plug-in, unless the plug-in itself asks you to include these referring urls.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.