Customers are not receiving tracking numbers when I ship through PayPal!

Coffee2000
Contributor
Contributor

It has been fine for a couple years, but recently I am having many customers contact me for their tracking numbers despite checking the box of "send a note to the customer" in the shipping form. (I ship via USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail)

Is there any way I can view down a sent email log from my account to my customers? Then I can "resend" these emails that should have been sent out initially. Is there a simple workaround that doesn't require me to copy and paste tracking numbers in an entirely new email? 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sd3614
Contributor
Contributor

This is ticking me off, the WORSE time of year for this to happen. I have had like 6 emails today "where's my item?" when everything is usually in their mailbox, their local post office or at least State by now. 

VERY frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

paypal does not have such features.

Ebay will email your buyer when you ship,when item arrived and even ask them to write a review.

Login to Me Too

sd3614
Contributor
Contributor

Then, at the minimum, what is the point of the box when buying a label that says tick this box to "send customer note"?  The one I have been filling out for 5 years saying ..

Thanks, your item has processed and shipped, if you need anything our contact info is XXX ???????  

Customers were getting that email, now they are not.

Login to Me Too

ddwilliedesigns
Contributor
Contributor

I've also had this issue for about 4 months now. It makes the customers panic thinking their item has not shipped yet. I deal with about 20-30 packages a day. Can you imagine the amount of messages I get requesting if I have shipped their item or asking for tracking info? I'm wondering if they will have it fixed soon. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal has many bugs.

if you sell from your own website,you could ask your IT staff to tweak and send out these emails or if you sell on a venue,suggest that to the venue owner.

Login to Me Too

sd3614
Contributor
Contributor
I've called PayPal, talked to supervisors, opened tickets, everyone agrees that A. The email the payment came from should get a notification of shipment and B. The add a note feature is supposed to send said note when the notification goes (as mentioned already in the thread). Nothing ever comes from the tickets, Whack-a-mole, I've seen your responses to similar questions ask in the past. I understand you're just a volunteer trying to help. I think I give PayPal enough thousands of dollars each year to say this is on them. It's broke, they obviously don't care or have the ability to get the complaints to the right people (even Twitter doesn't work). It's an absentee company when it comes to servicing their clients. It's crystal clearly the feature is meant to work or the shipping page would not have "send a note to customer" option I've responded to tons of people this year asking "when is my product shipping". It's a stupid problem to have and I give PayPal about 95% more money annually than my web hosting company. So suggesting I need to commission more expense to find other solutions tells me I should just remove PayPal as one of the merchant options.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I agree,if you are not happy with Paypal service,you should ditch them and find a better payment processor.

whatever happens to the pay 25 cents and transfer fund using a debit card in 20 minutes,or you will hear from them in 2 days?

Login to Me Too

sd3614
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what this means "whatever happens to the pay 25 cents and transfer fund using a debit card in 20 minutes,or you will hear from them in 2 days?"

But just so you know after a few more calls, few more "tickets" - The problem is fixed and I have taken the time to confirm it with the last 5 customers.  So indeed it is a feature that should work and suggesting to people it doesn't work and to go find other processors isn't the solution.

Later 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.