Customer is hinting at filing a claim and I do not have the funds to refund..what will happen?

jujub1969
Contributor
Contributor

I sell various things that I pre-order. I have one customer with a $1800 order. These items have not arrived yet and are coming from overseas so we've have to deal with factory shut downs, customs clearance, the works. She buys from me regularly but I guess since Christmas is near she needs the extra money..?

Anyway, after she paid the $1800 I used that money to purchase her items so it is no longer in my account. If she files a claim and PayPal rewards her a refund, where does the money come from? Will I owe that money to PayPal? I do not have a bank account linked. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey jujub1969,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the buyer. If they do file a claim, we put the money on hold. This means that if you don't have the full amount in your balance, we will take the PayPal balance negative for the difference. If you lose the case, it would stay negative and you'd be responsible for the balance. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.