Cryptovi scam

Drew_Jackson
Contributor
Contributor

My payment for $101.91 worth of Bitcoins from Cryptovi.com was DENIED by PayPal on 6/22. I also wasn't able to locate the previous PayPal community thread on this topic. Did PayPal remove it? Since PayPal wouldn't reimburse me for digital goods not received this should be a loud and clear message to all fraudsters, scammers, and thieves out there - use PayPal to steal from people because PayPal won't fulfil it's duty as a third party intermediary to ensure the exchange of goods and services.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Bushboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Drew!

Same story..... bought $200 worth, no feedback from Paypal on the issue.....

The thead was removed, to my surprise aswell, since I had posted on it.

So much for their third party cover.....

Apparently its all about how you register the claim, so i suggest a message first explaining the scenario.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6e3v79/scam_alert_cryptovicom/#bottom-comments - Some got their monies back...

fingers crossed!

Thread printed to pdf.

Login to Me Too

Bushboy
Contributor
Contributor

Updating,

Bitcoin purchased on 23/05/17, Paypal refund on 20/06/17

Reversal based on the info provided:

1. Link to original thread on paypal regarding Cryptovi scam

2. reddit links

3. Resetting my paypal account with new passwords

4. Above sent through Message center, as well as dispute center under Unauthorised payment.

Thanks Paypal for doing the right thing, lets hope they can help the remaining individuals.  Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Drew_Jackson
Contributor
Contributor

I tried submitting it as "Unauthorised payment", but it was denied 😞

Login to Me Too

Bushboy
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry there bro

I suggest a message fomr the message center, its worth a shot, give u enough boody to type a proper email, please through in some links and screens regarding your orignal emails received from cyrtpovi.

Keep sending them the messages! Just happens to be wether or not it lands on the right customer reps lap.
Definately DO NOT GIVE UP

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.