Create and pay for return label for a customer to return item

Sophsterm
Contributor
Contributor

How do I create, pay for, and send a return shipping label to a customer to return an incorrect item? I send it with the purchase protection but I’m not sure how to proceed. I already refunded their transaction. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like your only 2 options at this point is either:

• Determine the shipping costs and send that amount to the customer or
  • Let the customer purchase the shipping costs and you can ask for a copy of the receipt containing the shipping costs - that way you can refund them the shipping costs.

However,  you and your customer must agree on which shipping service to use, where the shipping to and from locations will be, and possibly other terms I can't think of.

For future returns: You have the option to continue with the previous options or you can contact the shipping carrier about return services that they may or may provide.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it is EBAY transaction and he has contacted you via Ebay,then you can  send him a return label,the label will belike the one you used,except ship to and return addresses are reversed,but it will be the same carrier and postage as the one you used to ship him the package.

if not Ebay,then go to Paypal/shipnow

Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think you meant to put Paypal.com/ShipNow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.