Confirmed address error when buyers try to pay

DMLTek
Contributor
Contributor

I have a buyer that is reporting that he is getting an error message saying he is unable to pay due to not having a confirmed address.  The error tells them to select a confirmed address, but it does not show any address for him to select.  He has told me he has a credit card on file and the address is confirmed.  Is there any way to remove this restriction?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

If you are the seller and you have a Business account, the requirement for a confirmed address in your account profile setup - you would have to disable it or change your setup.

Assuming you have a US Business account.

Login to your account.

Click on the "Gear" Profile icon.

Click on "Profile and settings".

Click on "My selling toosl".

Under "Getting paid and managing my risk".

Next to "Block payments", click on "Update".

Note the first option on "the Payment Receiving Preferences" page.

"For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."

Yes

No

Ask me

Make you selection and "Save".

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

If you are the seller and you have a Business account, the requirement for a confirmed address in your account profile setup - you would have to disable it or change your setup.

Assuming you have a US Business account.

Login to your account.

Click on the "Gear" Profile icon.

Click on "Profile and settings".

Click on "My selling toosl".

Under "Getting paid and managing my risk".

Next to "Block payments", click on "Update".

Note the first option on "the Payment Receiving Preferences" page.

"For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."

Yes

No

Ask me

Make you selection and "Save".

Login to Me Too

DMLTek
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help.  This got it working.  I was having trouble finding the setting.

Login to Me Too

KlingerCo
New Community Member

I have the same address, same CC, same seller that supplies me (I'm a buyer in this instance) There is nothing for my confirmed address, when it says select one, just a blank page. I've bought from this company for years and had no problem, now I can't pey them and I need the materials shipped. Pre-paid... Why can't I make a payment from my credit card to them?

I went and checked my address, checked card (which bills to the same address), everything looks right but I keep getting the same error message when I try to pay! Very frustrating. Tried resetting, removed old copies of address, which there were two. Just one now, still can't pay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.