Closing/Reconciling Partially Paid Invoices

DLBurkhart
Contributor
Contributor

Member dragonfiddle asked last year how to close-out an invoice that had been partially paid. But, the topic was archived (read-only) and never resolved. I had the same concern, stumbled onto a solution, but could not respond directly. So, here it is.

To close-out my invoice, I unchecked the "Allow Partial Payment" option, increased the discount enough to negate the remaining balance, and then selected "Send Update". After I did this, warning messages appeared. I didn't understand what the messages were saying, but took it to mean that the update could not be sent. Although I presumed the changes would not be kept either, they actually were. I selected "Manage Invoices", looked for the same invoice, and it now showed as "Paid".

I hope this helps someone looking for a similar resolve to outstanding invoices.

--David

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

OhFitnessLLC
Contributor
Contributor

This worked like a charm!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I could not figure this out, and Paypal never answered me back. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.